Function of the Advisory Council
- The Advisory Council was established and serves in accordance with Section 1321.93 Pg. 21156, Vol. 45, No. 63 Monday May 31, 1980 of the federal Register with duties outlined in Section 1321.97, Vol. 45, No. 63.
- The function and purpose of the Advisory Council is to develop and administer the AAA area plan, conduct public hearings, champion and represent the interests of older adults, provide strategic support to further AAA's goals, and review and comment on all community policies and programs affecting older adults.
- Members of this Advisory Council are community members, service participants, local elected officials, and the general public.
- Meetings are held bi-monthly (once every two months)
Council Members 2021 to 2022:
- Ann Byerly
- Emelda Paul
- Lillie Iris Andrews
- Tamara Prosper
- Liljosie Tompkins
- Laura Tuggle
- Tydell Whitfield
- Location: Zoom at 10:00 a.m. Please contact Sontra Carmouche at email@example.com to get Zoom Link.
- 2022 Dates
- February 8, 2022
- April 12, 2022
- June 8. 2022 (Annual Meeting)
- August 9, 2022
- October 11, 2022
- December 13, 2022
The Advisory Council holds annual membership drives to recruit new members. For more information, please contact the Director of Social Services at (504) 821-4121 ext. 105